Source of tools
Name of the tool
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Where is tool available from
A range of KPIs are available (at a cost) from http://www.constructingexcellence.org.uk/resourcecentre/kpizone/default.jsp?level=0
(free registration is required in order to use the site)
Or Constructing Excellence, PO Box 147, Bucknalls Lane, Garston, Watford, WD25 9UZ
Helpdesk: 0845 605 55 56 Fax: 01923 664690
For information on the KPIs used within the PETUS UK case studies Baglan Energy Park Phase 2 and New Tredegar Regeneration Scheme contact the project manager.
For Baglan Energy Park: Geoff Marquis, Policy and Strategy Manager, Technical Services Directorate, NPTCBC.
Tel: 01792 512756 G.email@example.com
For New Tredegar:
Colin Jones, Project Manager, Head of Performance Management, Caerphilly County Borough Council.
Tel:01443 864382 firstname.lastname@example.org
When was the tool produced
Is support provided
There is quite a lot of information, including case studies, available within the website. The case studies contain the contact details of Constructing Excellence as well as the company focused on in the case study.
Organisation/s that developed the tool and country of origin
KPIs are a form of the generic indicator tool. The best practice KPIs produced and used in the UK construction industry have been formed in the UK and details are available from Constructing Excellence.
Is the tool newly developed or based on an exisiting tool
The tool is based on the concept of sustainability indicators.
Cost of the full tool
The cost for access to different KPI tools on the Construction Excellence website varies, for example, the Construction Industry KPI pack is £95.00 but contains:
• The latest KPI wallcharts for Construction Industry, Environment, Respect for People, M&E Contractors, Construction Products Industry, and Construction Consultants
• Handbooks: All Construction, Respect for People, Environment
• Construction KPI Methods of Measurement - step by step instructions, definitions, and worked examples
Best practice guide
• Case Studies
• Additional performance indicators - a wide range of performance indicators and analysis
• Industry progress report - tracks the changes of the headline KPIs over time
• ´Introduction to KPIs´ CD.
Alternatively, the construction industry KPI wallchart costs £10 and contains graphs of performance data from all construction industry sectors except materials producers, definitions and a blank radar chart.